Till now you may have gone through ‘n’ number of articles which talk about website designing and developing, right?
But I still see a huge gap between the clients expectation and the web developers perception which results in delivering something else that the client never wanted, or the end delivery is so worse that it doesn’t produce ANY results for their clients.
So in order to get your websites done as per your requirement, it is very important to have a basic knowledge about website development.
1. What Type Of A Business You Are In?
This is a pretty good starting point. After all, you need to know exactly what you do before you start working on your site, don’t you? Getting a really thorough understanding as to who you are, how long you’ve been around, etc. will often help support the design research and decisions you make
Even the slightest misunderstanding can screw up the design, before you have started!
2. Define Your Primary Reason For Building Your Website
This is the most important question you must have the answer for. Generally, website is used for two purposes:
Income Generation : These are known as Dynamic Websites. E-commerce websites are used by the businesses which sell their products or services online. Their only motto is to generate more sales through online source. This is done through the payment Gateway in the website.
Information Generation : : These are known as Static Website. These websites are used for giving information about its products or services and no transactions are done on this website. This is used as the Digital form of Catalogue.
3. Design Your Website Friendly To Your Target Audience
Often, if you own a small business, many times you won’t know exactly who your ideal customers are and you might feel like, “Everyone is your Target Audience”. You should ask yourself the following questions:
- What types of visitors do you want to get?
- Age, education, and other demographics, Job status, Economic status, Role in the community.
- Define the reach of the website for the relevant Target Audience.
4. Build Your Website SEO Friendly:
Optimizing your website for search engines should be an integral part of your website project, from the very beginning to the very end. Having a SEO friendly website allows your customers to find you on the first page of the Google. This would be possible with the proper keywords research done for it.
5. Having The Right Numbers Of Pages On Your Website Enhances Your User Experience.
- Having too many pages or few pages in your website will impact the user experience who lands on your website
- Keeping the current user browsing pattern in mind, it is ideal to engage the user with minimum pages in the website as it will help to save time and avoid page dropout while browsing.
- This will enhance the user experience as he will be able to access all the features of the website in minimum pages.
6. Determining The Right Features For Your Websites Plays The Key Role In Your Web Site Design:
- Often we make decision to build our own websites for our services because we must have seen other’s websites which we may have liked it, but the features which they have in their websites may or may not be useful to you.
The features for your websites shall be made a part of your services based on the nature of your business:
- A shopping cart?
- Email collection and email marketing capability?
- A blog or news feed?
- Photo galleries?
- Onsite videos?
- A mobile site?
- A responsive site?
- The ability for people to leave comments?
- A quick contact form, quote request or booking form?
Whatever your client wants, make sure you find out now itself, so that they don’t come back to you later on with a sad little face because it’s not what they wanted.
Clarify and then clarify again. Clients aren’t always able to explain things in the way that we would so if they can show you examples of exactly what they want, get them!
Trust me… this can happen during the design (or even worse, the development) process, so it’s better that we plan and do the needful in advance.
7. What Colours Do You Want On Your Websites Element ?
- The colours which you choose to design your website reflects the brand image of your company
- This is because different colours convey different emotion of the brand , therefore getting the right combination of colours which goes with your company brand image is always recommended
- Different colour coding are mentioned below :
- Red : Passion , Anger , Vigour , Love , Danger
- Yellow : Knowledge , Energy , Joy, Youth
- Green : Fertility , Wealth , Healing , Success , Growth
- White : Purity , Healing , Perfection , Clean , Virtue
- Blue : Knowledge , Trust, Calm, Peace, Cool
- Black : Fear , Secrecy, Formal, Luxury
- Purple : Royalty , Wisdom, Spirituality , Imagination
8.Planning The Right Website Capacity, Making The Right Hosting Plan Decision Will Give Expansion Scope For The Website
- This is one of the important factor that you should consider as lot of other things depends on them like website hosting capacity , plan tariff ,etc
- Common mistakes which most of the people do is that they go for low tariff, low capacity web hosting just to curtail the web building expenses , this invites unnecessary technical issues and restriction in page data content
- It is always advised to consult a Web developer expert who can help you with all the technical aspects related to Web and App.